Thursday 28 July 2016

Relic Environments Trilogy: Book I, Part 2. xiii-xv

from Book I, Part 2, Revelations of a Lesser Wife

Winter Poem for Wen Feiqing

Sitting by the lamp all night
Still no verses

Bedcovers cold
Leaves everywhere in the courtyard

Night winds make a melancholy sound

Somehow, the moon manages beauty
Through cheap curtains

Deep light beyond the screen
Our wishes are the same, but no time for them
So far

Love’s wave has its own momentum
Rising
And falling

These pine woods are not for nest builders

Last evening, a sparrow circled overhead
Calling and calling


Poem for Li Ying
(On Receiving His Poem, “Fishing in Summer”)

I thought you were avoiding me
Living in the same street, not meeting
Even once in the year

Old flames deserve better         
Poems for them appealing to their higher nature

Sweet-barked cassia stippled with new buds
Tao
Snow crystal water memory 
Enlightenment avoids silk, sheer embroideries

If you like, you can follow my footprints
All the way to heaven

The path to love more difficult, misty    
Lost in clouds

 
Invitation to My Neighbour in the West

One hundred syllable poem
Muffled gong, each breath          

How many times practicing clearing          
The high wall between us

I keep looking your way
                       
I am not a statue

The stars themselves a vast expectancy        

The rivers of Hunan stir
Dawn not far

I have made a picnic for the festival

I have pulled the tunes of strings   
Across the sounding-board

The night finds its place in the wine

Homesickness

Yours is here


No comments:

Post a Comment