Thursday 28 July 2016

Relic Environments Trilogy: Book I, Part 2. xvi-xviii

from Book I, Part 2, Revelations of a Lesser Wife
  

A Letter

 

Staying in this inn, feeling sorry for myself

I opened your letter

Love

Admiring the elegant brushwork 



Penglai Mountain in the rain catching the perspective 



A thousand peaks 



Autumn caught by the winds in Xiegu Gorge



I read it in the morning, every word

Again and again, and at night

Curled up in my bed 



In my sandalwood box I have a place for it

Safe with my jasper beads



But just now, holding it in my hand

I can’t seem to let go


The South Pavilion at Chongzhen Temple

(The Posting of Civil Service Examination Results)



Through cloudy distance, mountains

Allowing themselves to be seen 



Spring is ink and brushwork

A skilful season

More suited to some than others 



Who could recognise my poems, cloaked so

In gaudy folds 



I stand on tiptoe with the women

Just glimpsing brightness named

 


Two Poems Addressing Heartache


 

Daydreamer, wake up 


Cuddles under covers

You blink in your dream world

And ten years have gone 



A cage of parrots

Repeating everything you said 



Dew beads the flowers 



You remember early morning

You remember the faces drained 



Willow evenings, bending in worry 



Consider these clouds good omens

Pan Yue knows they only come once 



In love always

He will still be waiting when his hair is white






Against the moon

A mist of laurel

Elegant silhouette 



The wine set before you is a gift

Accept the past

The present

Which tear for joy, for sorrow 



Always the same



By the river, in the rain

Red flowered, as many peach trees

As there are in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment