Saturday 13 August 2016

Relic Environments Trilogy: Book I, Part 2.xxxxix-xxxxii

from Book I, Part 2, Revelations of a Lesser Wife



Distant Views

From Jiangling, maples

So many leaves

And the boats evening frames by the river bridge

My lord Zian, aching for you here
The current turns against itself, all day
All night, as though time was forgotten


Poem for Zian

All the wine in the world
And still this sadness, not finding a way
To break a hundred knots of distance
Between us

The rarest flower disappears, returning in spring

The boats of travellers
Catch in willows east and west

So many shapes in passing clouds

Affection is a river
Everything with it, moving

I want someone who loves me for myself

It’s too lonely here in Jade Tower
My face in the wine pot


News of a Journey

Night after night
Snuggling beneath a bright marquee
I began to get ideas

Then                   

My love said to me
He must leave 

A journey
He said

And now I sleep alone
Not thinking of clouds at all

Their exact locations

By the faint lamp

Or the single moth

Circling













News of a Journey II


The water chases softly
Filling footprints
Never knowing a settled place

Clouds
Appear, from where
From where

No one can make them stay

Empty breezes

Twilight on the Yellow River

A wildfowl by the stretch of shore
Swimming alone             

Its flock already flown

No comments:

Post a Comment