Saturday 13 August 2016

Relic Environments Trilogy: Book I, Part 2.xxxxvii

from Book I, Part 2, Revelations of a Lesser Wife



The Beautiful Orphans

They are the south as we imagine it
Stunning, immaculate in their high room
Entertaining themselves with verses
About parrots

Sitting by turquoise windows
Repairing their trousseaus of phoenix designs

In their courtyard, leaves, smoky reds swirling

Cups of best wine passed among them

No matter how long I look on sacred waters
Men keep heaven for themselves
Banish me here
Comparing me to these gorgeous girls

My only comfort, four zither strings
Love songs plucked softly

In the mirror, I admire myself
In moonlight my jet hair pinned with white jade

My lover came to me from the past
A dead poet visiting in dreams

These creatures, what lives shall they know
Beyond beauty
Where the heart recovers

A willow net across the sky, everywhere, clouds
Changing

A simple flute note carries miles

No comments:

Post a Comment