Wednesday 3 August 2016

Relic Environments Trilogy: Book I, Part 2. xxii-xxiv

from Book I, Part 2, Revelations of a Lesser Wife

Poem for a Fisherman



Breathe in lotus scent

A season without boundaries



You roll up your sleeves

Punting your boat up narrow creeks

Not thinking of me



Darling



Have you not seen

Mandarins

Paired, quacking harmonies

By your shady rock





The Hermit’s Temple at Zifu



Ren made this

Beautiful, apart



Tourists chattering

Scrawling sentiments on lime-washed walls



The shrine of the lotus holds no names



The landscape of paths

Of water

Reflects subtleties set in grassy pools



Golden Wheel Pavilion

Brushes clouds



A view towards the river

In the mind       





Under Yinwu Eaves



Poems are made of seasons

Moon moods, flowers found on bright days



Cloud-shapes of gods floating by



I tied back the curtain roll

And left it that way



I shifted my couch for the mountain view

Napping here ever since



                       
 










No comments:

Post a Comment