Wednesday 3 August 2016

Relic Environments Trilogy: Book I, Part 2. xxv-xxvii

from Book I, Part 2, Revelations of a Lesser Wife

A Rainstorm Before the Festival


Cultivated yellows the rain bent 
Snapping some
By the hedge, hibiscus staring at itself in the rain pool

I’m not going out in this blowing wet

My hat has found its way back to the table

Even if my cup really was gold
I’m too drunk to remember where I put it


Early Autumn

Chrysanthemum, pale silk-dye shades

Evening mist cradling far mountains
Cool winds stirring green upper branches

The red lute holds a clear note
Lets it go

Time spins more brocade

My husband has duties beyond the Great Wall

Making your way, wild geese through open sky
Fish in swift rivers, end this longing

Here are my letters


An Affair

The red lute reminds me he is gone
Cloudy chords, rain
The memories our bodies made

I try to remember his scent                    
Aroma of plums, ripe peaches  

Disciples all so worthy, following into the pine groves
Under laurel canopies
Listening to the teachings

People came miles

Moonlight weightless on the mossy terrace
From bamboo depths a song floats up

Childish disappointment

Leaves, turning now, heaped against my door    
In the courtyard, vermillion        

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment