Saturday 13 August 2016

Relic Environments Trilogy: Book I, Part 2.xxxxiii-xxxxvi

from Book I, Part 2, Revelations of a Lesser Wife



Warm Greetings to Li Jinren

I am content this morning
The chitchat magpies mirror my mood

Last night in lamplight, candles made ready
Incense smouldering
I stood by the door
Greeting my handsome guest

The girl weaving
Everyone knows
Makes eyes at the farm boy

For once
I’m not even a little jealous



Letter from the Province      

I live idle days, writing poems
Looking towards Wangwu Mountains
Thinking of our time there

I let my horse follow the water course, east
West
Confusing north with south

I was thinking of our nights together
A rainy time of shared feasts

And then as flowers emerged on the branches
I climbed the stairs alone

Later your return, so sudden I couldn’t speak
I was so happy

Our little house in the alley
So cosy

Now Xiangru’s lute has lost its strings

Swallows mate and separate

As autumn comes, remember me
Remember
The Yellow River

The reasons for visiting



A Poem in Reply to a Poem
 
Bloated crowds, burst vessels and clamour
I sing softly to myself
On my own again

Not thinking much about love
No one to read my poems       

No matter

Behind village walls, common flowers find light

I live in the back lane

Yan Yuan lived alone, cheerful in his own company       

I too am learning to be paths of roots

Pines in the mountains



Willows at West Hill

Another morning, another farewell
And tears

I made daisy chains for jewellery

A spring day, breezy

You and I walking on fallen willow wands

I keep thinking, if only this hill was bare of trees
Maybe I could stop sobbing

No comments:

Post a Comment